LGPS Central Limited manages the pooled assets of nine Midlands-based local government pension schemes.
With combined assets of approximately £40bn, and representing the retirement savings of over 900,000 scheme members across over 2000 employers, LGPS Central Limited’s Partner Funds are;
Cheshire Pension Fund, Derbyshire Pension Fund, Leicestershire Pension Fund, Nottinghamshire Pension Fund, Shropshire Pension Fund, Staffordshire Pension Fund, West Midlands Pension Fund, West Midlands Integrated Transport Authority Pension Fund, and Worcestershire Pension Fund.
LGPS Central Ltd is owned equally by eight of its nine Partner Funds and is dedicated to the management of local government pension assets. The aim of the Company is to use the combined buying power of its Partner Funds to reduce costs, improve investment returns and widen the range of available asset classes for investment – all for the benefit of local government pensioners, employees and employers.
Our Behaviours and Values
Our commitment is to develop the right values and behaviours supporting a diverse and inclusive working environment.
These Values are built into the seven key areas of operational delivery, including the development of products and services, Client Service and Reporting Frameworks, Shareholder engagement plans and corporate governance. In addition to this the Values and Behaviours are incorporated into all elements of the HR and Engagement Strategy including our workforce policies, training and development, remuneration and selection policies.
It is important that all leaders and staff within LGPS Central Limited demonstrate their commitment to these in all the work they do.
Integrity at all levels driven by right behaviours
- Open, fair and transparent in all that we do
- Earn respect through being genuine, honest and trustworthy
- Empowered in making right decisions
Service is Transparent, Legitimate, and Client Focused
- Accountability embedded across all practices, policies and systems
- Accountability for results and delivery
- Aspire and encourage new thinking and drive towards Partner expectations
Supportive workplace for all staff
- Treat staff fairly with focus on well-being
- Challenge the status quo, share ideas, and be part of a collaborative solution
- Encouraged to take personal responsibility for development and growth
Togetherness through collaboration in and out
- Maintain strong relationships with and external to LGPS Central Ltd
- Collaborative team spirit within and across teams in the interest of our customers
- Encouraged to challenge constructively
Outward focus through innovative thought leadership
- Inspire and recognise new thinking and continuous improvement
- Become a centre of excellence driven by good practice
- Supported to innovate and share
We have a clear open way of doing things that reflects our strategy and meets our Staff, Partner and the FCA requirements - this will be defined by open, collaborative and innovative behaviours.
We believe transparency and legitimacy underpins all our work and therefore accountability is embedded in all we do.
3. Supportive Workplace
We actively encourage creativity and good ideas from our people and from our Partners. We will treat staff fairly and promote well-being in the work environment.
We recognise that as a Company and as individuals we cannot solve the challenges we face by working alone. Collaboration inside and outside of LGPS Central Limited is needed to deliver the most effective interventions fundamental to joint success.
5. Outward Focus
We encourage innovation and thought leadership supporting new thinking and becoming a centre of excellence.